PTI Fire Academy
Petroleum Training Institute Effurun launches the institute’s Fire Academy as part of its drive to diversify and cater to the voracious need for trained professionals in firefighting, prevention, and other fire-related issues that might arise in both industrial and domestic environments.
Our desire is to focus on building a structured academy that looks into all aspects of fire prevention and control, firefighting, and the business aspect of firefighting and management.
We specialize in hydrocarbon and domestic firefighting. We intend to provide a hands-on learning experience structured to provide entrants to trainees with a stable career path in firefighting, adequately equipped to take up duties at any given time and place irrespective of the type of fire and location therein. Firefighting is not only for professionals but for us all.
There is a whole lot we are bringing to the industries in skill building and educating individuals to increase manpower in this aspect and reduce the risk of fire outbreaks in our society.
Our Broader Vision
Seeking Partnership with the various stakeholders to enable PTI Fire Academy to become in the nearest future a One Stop Center for all kinds of firefighting training in Nigeria.
- Undergraduates who want to acquire firefighting skills.
- Graduates who want to work in the oil and Gas and allied sectors
- Professionals across diverse industries.
- Heads of Units / Departments. Supervisors, and managers.
- Firemen already practicing who need to upgrade their skills and competence in firefighting.
- Project managers, risk managers, insurance officers (fire and risk loss adjusters/evaluators, process engineers, loss prevention engineers, and process safety engineers.
- Academia (lecturers) who want to harness more knowledge in fire and risk explosions,
- Businessmen or women who want to train to acquire knowledge in the business aspect of fire management.
AWARENESS COURSES (LEVEL 1) (1-2 weeks)
Fire Fighting Techniques
Fire Prevention and Control.
Fire Equipment and Tools Operation of Fire Extinguishers
CERTIFICATE COURSES (LEVEL 2) (1-6weeks)
Certificate in Fire Fighting (CFF)
Certificate in Fire Prevention and Control (CFPC)
Rope Rescue Techniques (Level 1,2 and 3) (RRT)
Certificate in Fire Emergency Planning and Procedure (CFEPP)
Certificate in Disaster and Risk Management (CDRM)
Certificate in Safety Information system (CSIS)
Certificate in Urban Search and Rescue (CUSR)
Certificate in Marine Fire (CMF)
BASIC FIRE FIGHTING (BFF) (LEVEL 3)(3-6Months)
ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING (AFF) (LEVEL 4) (3-9Months)
Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment (FERA)
Fire Equipment Selection, Sizing and Layout
Fire Incident Investigation and Prevention
Fire Safety Management (FSM)
Protection of Building from Exterior Fire Exposures
Fire Safety Inspection and Audit
Fire Safety Engineering Design
SPECIALIZED COURSES (1-3 Months)
Rope Rescue Techniques
Fire Inspection and Incident
Fire Hazard Management Train
Fire Emergency and Rescue Operation
Fire Behavior and Control Techniques
Operation of Fire Truck
Safe contain Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Training
Rig Fire Fighting Safety
Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Incident command courses (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3)
NATIONAL INNOVATION DIPLOMA IN FIRE ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (2 years)