Engr. Dr. R. M. Umoh
Director of Engineering
Dr. Reuben Mfon Umoh was appointed the Director of Engineering on 1st Jan., 2017. Until his appointment he was a Deputy Director (Training) in the Petroleum and Natural Gas Processing Department (PNGPD). He holds a B.sc degree in Chemical and Petroleum Technology from Federal University, Owerri, an M.sc degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Lagos and a PhD degree from Robert Gordon University, Aberden, Scotland, United Kingdom. His research work on Gas-to-Liquids Technology earned him the PhD degree. His research interest is in process integration and Membrane Technology, Gas Separation, Gas-to-Liquids Technology, synthetic fuels, Nanotechnology. He specializes in conversion of natural gas to liquid hydrocarbon fuels and oxygenates using catalytic membrane reactors. His research work has earned him a British patent, USA patent and world patent (WIPO).
He has authored many Public outputs attended seminars both locally and internationally.
Dr. Umoh is a member of the following professional bodies.
- The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
- Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE).
- The Nigeria Society of Chemical Engineers (NSCHE).
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) International.
- American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Fellow, Institute of Policy Management Development.