OnePetro Grants PTI Free Access to Research Materials
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional organization whose mission is to collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development and production of oil and gas resources and related technologies for the public benefit and to provide opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence.
SPE provides a worldwide forum for oil and natural gas exploration and production (E&P) professionals to exchange technical knowledge and best practices. SPE manages OnePetro and PetroWiki, in addition to publishing magazines, peer-reviewed journals, and books. SPE also hosts more than 100 events each year across the globe as well as providing online tools and in-person training opportunities. SPE's technical library (OnePetro) contains more than 200,000 technical papers—products of SPE conferences and periodicals, made available to the entire industry.
What is OnePetro?
OnePetro is an online library of technical literature for the oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) industry. With contributions from 21 publishing partners and providing access to over 200,000 items, OnePetro.org is the definitive resource on upstream oil and gas.
Access to OnePetro is available to the general public and its technical content can be obtained online through individual purchase or subscription. Subscription information can be found here.
Extensive body of knowledge. The most comprehensive resource available on upstream oil and gas.
- Multi-organizational library. OnePetro technical content comes from 21 publishing contributors.
- Cloud-based hosting. OnePetro stores and makes available the items you should have access to at all times.
- Familiar, user-friendly search. Basic and advanced search options make it easy to find and browse the content you need.
- Mobile friendly viewing. 24/7 access to OnePetro on all mobile devices.
Who is Responsible for OnePetro? The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) uses its resources and technology to operate OnePetro on behalf of its publishing partners. SPE is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is to collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development and production of oil and gas resources and related technologies for the public benefit and to provide opportunities for petroleum engineering professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER OF PTI COMMUNITY ( STAFF AND STUDENTS)
There are only two options of registration available for any members of the PTI community to have free access to OnePetro
- Via the institutes domain ie @pti.edu.ng. That means you must have existing email address from the PTI domain eg firstname.lastname@example.org. With this options, you can connect from anywhere in the world via the Internet
- Via the the PTI Public IP ie you must be on the PTI Campus Internet services to access the registration and login
Step 1. Register on OnePetro (using the PTI email address or Access the Registration while you are on the PTI Internet service, ptihotspot)
- Go to https://www.onepetro.org
- Click on the Register to purchase instant access link found under My OnePetro in the upper right corner of the webpage
- Use the email address you have been assigned at your institution when completing the brief form. (email address and password is case sensitive)
- Click on the Register button. You should see Hello and your first name in your My OnePetro account.
Step 2. Domain address validation
- SelectMy Account.
- Select “Account details” on the drop down menu.
- Select the “Go” button under the heading Domain Validation.
- Select the “Validate me” button.
- You will receive an email requesting that you click on a link to confirm receipt.
- You will receive a 2ndconfirmation email stating that you are now Domain Validated.
Domain validation will expire every 90 days for security reasons. You will be sent an email from OnePetro one week before your expiration that will give you details on how to revalidate your email again.
To access papers, make sure you login with the credentials you set up above. Once you are logged in to OnePetro you should see the icons “Get PDF.”Click the “Get PDF” link to access the complete technical paper.